The Child Care WAGE$® FLORIDA Project is designed to provide young children with more stable relationships with teachers (a key component of quality) by rewarding teacher education and continuity of care. This program provides education-based salary supplements to early childhood teachers working with children ages birth to five.
WAGE$ aims to improve child care quality by reducing turnover and encouraging the continued education of early childhood teachers (including center staff and family child care providers).
Are You Eligible?
To be eligible for at least one six-month supplement payment during the fiscal year, applicants must:
- Work in a Early Learning early care and education program
- Earn less than $17.50 per hour as a child care practitioner (teacher or assistant)
- Have one of the education levels listed on the WAGE$ scale (from a regionally accredited college)
- Work at least six months in the same eligible early care and education program
- Work with a consistent group of children birth to five years of age for at least 20 hours
- Be employed at the same program at the time of employment confirmation
For more information, go to the Child Care WAGE$® FLORIDA official website. Click on the following link to download the most current application. The Children’s Forum is the licensee of the Child Care WAGE$® FLORIDA Project.