Scholarships and Financial Aid

The Children’s Trust Educator Scholarship

Educator Scholarships are funded by The Children’s Trust as part of the Early Learning Quality Improvement System (QIS) to raise program quality and educational levels of early learning programs and educators in Miami-Dade County. For more information about the Early Learning QIS in Miami-Dade, visit

TCT Educator Scholarship Eligibility, Terms and Conditions
  • Must participate in the Professional Development Registry, which houses education and training information.
  • Must present proof of current employment (minimum of 20 hours per week) in an early Learning program in Miami-Dade County.
  • Must work directly with children or provide support services to early learning programs.
  • Must agree to the scholarship policies and provide all required documentation.
  • Scholarship applications must be submitted and approved prior to the start of the education or training.
  • Successful completion of coursework/training is required to maintain eligibility for scholarships.

T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Program

The T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education and Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® Scholarship Program, funded by the Florida Office of Early Learning, provides scholarships for early educators to work towards earning an Associate degree, Bachelor degree, or credentials/renewals in early childhood education.

To learn more about T.E.A.C.H., contact: 1-877-FLTEACH (1-877-358-3224) or visit the Florida T.E.A.C.H. web page or email

Public & Institutional Aid

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form used by virtually all two- and four-year colleges, universities and career schools for the awarding of federal student aid and most state and college aid.

Federal Pell Grant Program

The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate and certain post-baccalaureate students to promote access to postsecondary education. To apply for a Federal Pell Grant, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be submitted by the end of June to be eligible for aid in the following academic year.

Other Aid
Many Colleges and Universities offer scholarship programs for students entering their schools. Please visit the financial aid office or website of your school of choice.