Early Childhood Educator INCENTIVE$ Florida, an affiliate of Child Care WAGE$®, rewards early childhood teachers with financial incentives based on their education and continuity of employment.
INCENTIVE$ aims to improve quality in child care programs by retaining the early childhood workforce, which provides children with more stable relationships and better-educated teachers.
Miami-Dade County Early Educators – Are You Eligible?
To be eligible for INCENTIVE$, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Work in a licensed or licensed exempt child care program (center or family child care home)
- Earn less than $17.50 per hour as an early educator as a teacher, assistant teacher, floater or family child care home provider (center owners do not qualify)
- Work at least six months in the same child care program (employment confirmations will be completed by INCENTIVE$ Counselors – participant must be employed at this same program at the time of employment confirmation to remain eligible)
- Work at least 20 hours per week with children ages birth to five
- Have at least one of the education levels listed on the INCENTIVE$ Scale
- Be an active Miami-Dade Registry participant
Early Childhood Educator INCENTIVE$ Florida is licensed by Child Care Services Association of Chapel Hill, NC, and funded by The Children’s Trust. The program is administered by the Children’s Forum under a contract with local early learning coalitions, children’s services councils, and private contributors. Through these partnerships, INCENTIVE$ is enhancing the professional development of early childhood educators to improve the quality of child care programs.